· 1 cup lettuce: spinach, arugula, mixed greens, kale or boston leaf
· 1 cup vegetables: broccoli, cucumber, pepper, tomato, grated carrot, green onion
· ½ cup protein: black beans, lentils, chickpeas, chicken, fish
· ½ avocado for healthy fat
· 1/8 cup cheese (goat feta, goat cheese, sheep feta, sheep cheese, organic cheddar) optional
Cut vegetables and mix together. Changing vegetables and protein makes a whole new salad. Also, homemaking and changing the spices and vinegars for salad dressing can vary it as well. Adding pear, apple or berries and raw nuts (like almonds, pecans, walnuts) and raw seeds (pumpkin, hemp hearts) is another option.
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1-2 cloves minced garlic
· 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
· 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or 1-2 lemon wedges squeezed
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· Tamari to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Note: Can add spices like turmeric, basil, oregano, cumin, thyme, cayenne. Store in jar in the fridge - oil may harden so either bring out before using or run jar under warm water to soften oil.