This pie is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. The nuts, chia seeds, coconut milk and cocoa powder are all cardiovascular protective and contain many other health benefits (fiber, antioxidants, healthy fat, omega-3, protein). Honey supports the immune system and cinnamon helps regulate blood glucose. Dates are a source of many vitamins and minerals as well as a source of fiber.
Put a can of coconut milk in the fridge for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
Use coconut oil to grease a 9 inch glass pie dish – put about ½ tsp on dish and spread around with a clean cloth or paper towel.
· 1 ½ cup raw walnuts or pecans
· 4 dates or 1 tbsp 100% maple syrup or local honey
· 1 tbsp water
· 2 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder or carob powder (optional)
· 2 tbsp chia seeds
· 1 can of organic coconut milk refrigerated for about 30 minutes-1 hour (use only the cream and discard the liquid)
· 4-5 ripe bananas
· 1 tbsp honey or 100% maple syrup or 4 dates
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· ¼ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
· 1 extra banana sliced for topping (optional)